LONDON, ENGLAND, April 2021 – Akasa is a leading provider of SSD accessories and has added two new aluminium enclosures for M.2 drives to the current range of products. These are compatible with both SATA and NVMe drives and features USB 3.1 Generation 2 connectivity and UASP support, meaning you’ll be making the most out of the super-fast data transfer speeds from your M.2 drive of up to 10 Gb/s.
The body on both enclosures is machined out of high-quality aluminium, ensuring a tight, safe fit for the closing mechanism. A tool-free design allows the installation of an M.2 SSD to be quick and easy, whilst also functioning as a heatsink to draw away excess heat from the drive. The sleek and simple Akasa logo finishes off the design perfectly, making the enclosure stand out from the crowd.
Included in the box is a high-quality, braided, USB-C to USB-C cable, which is durable enough to withstand the constant daily use this enclosure is designed for. Its silky-smooth nylon fibre fabric feels soft to the touch, and its anti-tangle technology will prevent any frustrations whilst using the enclosure.
The Akasa Vegas SSD Mate (AK-ENU3M2-06) features an RGB fan embedded in the aluminium structure of the enclosure and helps with heat dissipation. The small but mighty fan is also quieter than expected, able to work away without causing much of a disturbance.
This enclosure would pair perfectly with an RGB gaming PC build, or with anyone who would want a splash of colour and style to their accessories. If you require a more modest enclosure, AK-ENU3M2-05 provides a slim, sleek alternative, more focussed towards a low-profile appearance that will still provide excellent heat-dissipating properties.
The PCBs are compatible with almost everything you can throw at it – including all generations of USB and NVMe, as well as the most common M.2 drive lengths (30mm, 42mm, 60mm and 80mm). They are also optimised for USB3.1 Gen 2 speeds, which are fast enough for transferring large files such as full 4K movies, Adobe Premier files, or triple-A games within a few minutes. Akasa’s newest enclosures are perfect for a range of professions and applications such as videographers, gamers on the go, or cost-effective fast-access backup storage.
- Application- USB 3.1 Gen 2 aluminium enclosure for M.2 SATA SSD / M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD (with RGB fan for AK-ENU3M2-06)
- Operating System- Support Windows 7 / 8.X / 10 Mac OS X 10.3 and higher
- External Interface- USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C
- Internal Interface- M.2 SATA B+M key M.2 PCIe Gen 3 (compatible with M key and x2 B+M key SSD)
- SATA / PCIe Compatibility- SATA II/III SSD PCIe Gen 3, Gen 2, Gen 1 x2/x4 NVMe SSD 2280, 2260, 2242, 2230 sized SSDs
- Transfer Rate- 10 Gb/s (USB 3.1 Gen 2)5 Gb/s (USB 3.1 Gen 1 / USB 3.0) 480 Mb/s (USB 2.0)
- Protocol- USB Attached SCSI Protocol (UASP) specification compliant
- Dimensions- 122.0 x 36.0 x 12.1 mm (AK-ENU3M2-05)110.0 x 14.6 x 28.0 mm (AK-ENU3M2-06)
- Product Code(s)- AK-ENU3M2-05 AK-ENU3M2-06
Pricing and Availability
• The Portable M.2 SATA / NVMe SSD to USB 3.2 Gen 2 Aluminium Enclosure (AK-ENU3M2-
05) starts at £43.95/ €46.95 (prices may vary by reseller).
• The Vegas SSD Mate (AK-ENU3M2-06) starts at £53.95/ €58.95 (prices may vary by
• The M.2 SATA / NVMe SSD to USB 3.1 Gen 2 Aluminium Enclosure and Vegas SSD Mate
are available to order throughout Europe and the US. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find a
reseller near you.